Friday, August 8, 2014

Last Sun Ray


Memories flashed across my mind
my heart sighs, heavy with regret
The happiness we both used to share
is now gone as our love tears

Bits and pieces of a broken soul.
When will I ever be made whole?
Lost and trapped, uncertain and afraid
Still, I tread on, all alone and brave

As darkness descends and all lights fade away,
Will you be there to ensure I am safe?
As the sun sets and ends the day
my heart breaks with the last sun ray

Empty words and broken shells
What is there left but me and myself?
Here I stay, wallowing in despair
All I want is for you to be there

Bitterness takes a hold of me
Life without you has taught me need
I'll allow the pain to consume within
For you, my love, is everything

As dawn breaks and darkness dissipates
You are not there and I am not safe
As the sun rises and starts a new day
my heart breaks with the last sun ray

I don't want to let go, I want it to be known
My love will continue and forever it shall stay
I'm holding on tight to the last sun ray

No comments:

Post a Comment