Friday, August 1, 2014

Happiness is a conscious choice.

There's only one thought on my mind whenever I'm going through clinic rotation: I'm never stepping into veterinary science again.

If you were to ask me if I regret choosing this course, well, I can't exactly say yes. On one hand, my character has been groomed and I have learned many valuable life lessons throughout my course of study. On the other hand, this course is obviously not for me, seeing as my human subjects score better than my animal ones.

I don't know if it's just me but the more I'm in this course, the more I doubt my love for animals. They are right. Being in this course requires passion. If you don't have passion, forget this industry. You are not cut out for it.

I think what they say is true. I'm probably one of the only ones in my course who's gonna leave this field altogether. I'm thinking more of studying immunology. I don't know why I like that shit but I do. Applied immunology was the only subject I bothered reading up on. The rest of my modules was just "studying to pass" for me.

Last night, I was listening to the radio when I heard this person said:

Happiness is a conscious choice.

And just as I heard it, I stopped in my footsteps. The person went on about other stuff, all of which that truly spoke into my heart.

SHOUT OUT TO DJ sama: Whoever you are, you are awesome! Keep it up kay?

So yes, happiness is a conscious choice and I'm gonna try to make myself happier by surrounding myself with people who sincerely care about me. I see no sense in tiring myself out for people who wouldn't put in the same effort for me.

Even if I'm left with fewer friends than before, as long as that makes me happy, I'll do it.

P.S. I'm thinking of taking a part time job in cafés. I really love the atmosphere there haha. Wee.

P.P.S. I'll be doing more Daiso DIYS from now on. I've realised the key to happiness is really making someone else happy. Since DIYs make me happy and make others happy, why the hell shouldn't I do it hahah? #LEGGO

No comments:

Post a Comment