Friday, May 15, 2015

:) stars


Hi there. Thank you for reading my blog. It means so much to me that people will bother reading this blog that contains all my worthless thoughts so thank you. :) Here's a smile just for you.

In any case, today's blog post is going be slightly different from my usual ones. Instead of talking about my troubles, I'm going to focus my thoughts on a particular topic that's been bothering me for awhile.

Self esteem, self-love and self-acceptance.

I don't know if I've ever mentioned it, but I've been having a rather rough writer's block ever since my internship started. While constant sadness *coughs depression coughs* might have played a huge part in my inability to write, majority of me was just confused I guess. After all, the main purpose of writing a story is to spread a message across to the reader; a treasured key value of yours you want emphasized to her/him. For me, it used to be friendship, love and grief. Most of my stories go along the same line: Cherish before it's too late.

Yet, lately, for the past few months (as I've mentioned earlier). I've been baffled. Inspiration fled me and I got lost in myself. My mind was a blank space. I don't know what to write, how to write or even how to begin writing.

I don't know how to tell you how scary that feeling is like to me. Writing has always been a huge part of my life. It's the only thing that keeps me going sometimes. Losing that is like losing a part of myself. It's unfathomable. It's heartbreaking. It's a loss of identity. 

I wonder what does that say about me, considering that most of my self-esteem is built on my ability to write. Perhaps that's why I chose to study English Literature in the end. I want to learn how to write better stories. That desire is the main reason I picked that degree. I hope I won't regret it. It's too late anyway. *laughs*

And I'm straying away from my main point. The thing is just this: I've finally found the values I want to emphasize the most in life: Self-love, self-acceptance and ultimately, happiness.

I've finally found my direction in writing. It makes me happy. 

Alright. I had more to say about this topic at first, but since I'm currently rushing out a story for a competition, I'll get back to you guys later okay? Wait for me!

*the above quote is inspirational*

*I don't know why I'm using asterisks instead of brackets*

*I just like the stars I guess*

No comments:

Post a Comment