Life is infuriating, especially when the people in it makes it so. I'm not a good leader but even I can tell that there's something wrong with the leadership displayed. I usually don't care but when it affects me, well, it annoys me.
I don't like being suppressed. That much is obvious from my character, but what I hate the most is pretence. I think that if you have the time to pretend to show concern for someone, you might as well really be concerned about the person's life. What's the point of uttering words that you don't mean? You're wasting both the person's time and yours. In the end, all these empty words just make you lose your credibility. Congratulations. You've just made me lose the little faith I had in you.
Alright, I know I'm in no position to complain, considering my track record and all but it annoys me when I have to pretend to be happy when I'm not, or when I have to pretend to show interest in someone's life that I'm obviously not interested in. It really just pisses me off.
Just look at the quote in the picture okay?
"It's not the things that we get but the hearts we touch that will measure our success in life."
Doesn't matter what are your achievements in life, it's the hearts that you've touched that matters. At the rate you're going, you're chasing more hearts away than saving them. You've defied the very logic of evangelism. What's the point of holding a high leadership position then?
I'm sorry guys, I just had to rant a little about a leader I've met. (Yes, just this particular one) Other than that, no, I have nothing else to say. Or rather I have something to say but it's rather difficult concentrating on a Skype conversation with Vincent and Vincent (church friend) and blogging at the same time.
Alright. Let me just end this post with something educational. The title of my blogpost previously is 'drapetomania' which means an overwhelming urge to run away. While it's largely used out of context these days, the word was first used to describe slaves (blacks) who escaped multiple times from their masters (whites) in the 19th century. See? The more you learn everyday thanks to my educational blog. :)
Yes, you're very much welcomed, guys.
Today's word of the day:
Again, you're very much welcomed.


No comments:
Post a Comment