Saturday, August 15, 2015

virgin experiences (tekong and timbre)

What an interesting title right? Haha. I'm sure it's eye-catching enough. Anyway, this blog post will be about two virgin experiences; Pulau Tekong Island and Timbre!

Let's start with Pulau Tekong first.

It was a sunny Tuesday morning. I woke up early because I had an important mission in mind; to send my friend to hell's door with confetti and smiles. I know I'm such an awesome friend. :D HAHAHA. Anyway, enough of me talking crap, thou shalt presenth pictures~~

(P.S. All the pictures of Tekong are taken via Boon Chua's (Vincent's) handphone.)

Me, Ryan, BC (Vincent), Dehuai (army boy) and Zihao
Met up at Pasir Ris bus interchange cause there's a shuttle bus service arranged by the SAF to send you to the ferry terminal! 

BC (Vincent) and I
Taking a selfie in the ferry as we headed to Pulau Tekong. Yes, I'm a noob who's so excited about going to Tekong island she actually took a damn wefie. Cut me some slack man. I love the idea of islands that are preserved in its natural state. Tekong may be somewhat industrialised due to the army camps held there but much of it still retains its original beauty, or so that's what I heard. Can't blame me for wanting to visit there though. I'm naturally a curious person by nature.


And we finally arrived at our destination!! ^-^





The beach was as beautiful as expected. I love it when it's as secluded as it is there. No humans littering its sands. No humans excessively fishing and destroying its ecosystems. No humans about at all.


We sat in with the rest of the army boys who were enlisting that very day. The sergeants took us around the island and following a long LONGGGG lecture by the commander, it was finally time for lunch!


Lunch was good. :) The best thing about it? Well, IT'S FREE OF CHARGE. Yes, Aunty Amelia is pleased. She is extremely satisfied with the SAF now. (not that she will ever consider joining the army. That's still not gonna happen.)


Took a ferry back to mainland Singapore and a bus back to Pasir Ris bus interchange! Now, it was time for me to head back to school to stay the night there. I managed to psycho Boon Chua (Vincent) to accompany me so all is well with the world heh. :DD

(And in case you were wondering, yes, it was an extremely long journey. Taking a train from Pasir Ris to Pioneer is really no joke!)

Now, let's forward to the time I spent with Bryan and Boon Chua (Vincent) today! We headed to Teo Heng to blast our souls out at around 4.30pm - 7pm and we caught up with Hui Ni for dinner thereafter at Timbre.

THE BILL BLEW MY MIND AWAY MAN. It was really so expensive. Wow. Just the four of us eating amounted to about $130 ++ . O.O!!! I've got to admit though, the food there was really good and the live band performances really brought the vibe of the place to a whole new level. If not for the exorbitant prices, I definitely will return there again!

We decided to head home after the meal and we passed by the rainbow bridge along the way! :D

taken by Hui Ni
The rainbow bridge in question is located at the highway that bridges across the Singapore River. They planted lights at the bottom of the bridge railways to create this beautiful rainbow look. It absolutely took our drunken breaths away, so being the tourists that we secretly were, we just started snapping pictures of the bridge like we've never seen rainbow lights in our entire lives before, or in my case, I was just screaming at everyone to send me the pictures they snapped 'cause my phone camera's a bitch in taking photos like that.

taken by Hui Ni
Isn't it pretty though? They look like Northern Lights that fell from the sky. Those beautiful colourful shades that illuminate the surface of river... It really does feel magical, does it? :)



And a wefie with all the lovely people that make this virgin experience at Timbre and absolutely enjoyable one!

And another picture...


Because Si En's mind is extremely dirty when I said the words 'virgin experience' (I was referring to Timbre). You're much welcomed, Si En. :)

#AKTF and ciaos~

No comments:

Post a Comment